Preventable turnover in organizations is at an all-time high as 41.4 million US workers voluntarily left their job in 2018, that amounts to a ratio 27 out of 100 employees quitting that year. According to Workfit (2019), if this trend continues voluntary turnover will hit 35% in 2023. Voluntary turnover has cost US employers $617 billion and it is estimated that $469 billion or 76.8% of that turnover was preventable. Employee retention must be a number one priority in healthcare organizations across the country. The areas of opportunity remain onboarding and initial training, role overload, career advancement, work-life balance, relationship with manager, and organization culture. A work environment that is engaging, welcoming, committed, caring, and team focused is a proven strategy for success and retention. HR leaders and Department leaders have to align strategies to define and sustain a healthy organization culture. Workforce demands are increasing therefore a strong partnership among leaders across the organization is paramount to achieving organizational goals and desired outcomes. This session will provide strategies for creating and managing a culture that inspires and fosters retention. You will also learn the value of stay interviews and how they can produce positive change in the work environment.
1. Share the facts and figures pertaining to employee turnover.
2. Provide daily culture creation opportunities to improve retention.
3. Discuss the essentials of leadership communication in a healthy work environment.
4. Describe what a people centered connection looks like in an organization.
5. Offer practical tactical strategies creating a high-quality employee experience.