HRO Today Association Committees provide opportunities for members to get involved, impact how work gets done within the Association, and ultimately help advance the HR profession.
Each committee has (at least) two co-chairs (one practitioner and one provider/analyst), as well as an HRO Today staff liaison. Committees meet monthly via Zoom conference (as needed), and a quarterly update call is scheduled during which each committee reports on current initiatives, solicits feedback, and answers questions from the membership.
We are actively recruiting for the committees below! All members in good standing are eligible to serve. Please review the job descriptions below, as well as the skills and time commitment needed. If you are interested in contributing your expertise and experience, contact Wendy Metzgar, Director of Membership Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee Co-Chairs and Members: Click here to go to the Administrative Committee Page to view the Reporting Document, Calendar, and Meeting Notes. Please note, you will be prompted to login.
HRO Today Association Committees:
- Member Services
Co-Chair: OPEN Members: Wendy DiMartino (Korn Ferry), Kristen Wright (Cielo) HRO Today Association Liaison: Wendy Metzgar
- Social Networking
- Website (customer appeal, navigation, user experience)
- Member surveys (annual, pulse surveys)
- Membership (new, prospect, orientation, referrals)
- Professional Development/Programming
Co-chair: Terri Lewis (Pontoon) Members: Andrea Cooper (CUNA Mutual); Danielle O’Neill (Yoh) HRO Today Association Liaison: Wendy Metzgar
- Networking opportunities
- Events (HRO Today Forums, Award programs)
- Professional Development Livestream Sessions
- Partnerships/industry councils
- Standards and Practices
Co-chairs: Brian Bules (GSK), Jennifer Knippenberg (AMN Healthcare), Jason Munoz (Weatherford) Members: Deb Card (ISG), Alison Citti (Cielo), Courtney Cook (Futurestep), Lori Hock (Hudson), Vanessa Kichler (Yoh), Pat Klaman (Randstad Sourceright), Annamarie Phillips (Randstad Sourceright) HRO Today Association Liaison: Zachary Misko
- Industry councils (provider certification, buyer education, HRO Today Baker’s Dozen)
- Pulse Discussions
Skills and Qualities Important for the Role:
- Able to work in a team environment with a variety of individuals of different backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
- Good listener who is willing to consider a variety of viewpoints.
- A willingness to compromise when appropriate.
- A commitment to actively engage in Committee discussions both in person and virtually.
- A commitment to make sound decisions for the good of the Association by reviewing and considering all presented materials.
- Able to follow through with providing feedback and completing projects and tasks assigned in a timely manner.
- Good organization, time management, and delegation skills.
- There is one in-person Committee meeting (1 hour in length) and monthly Committee meetings held via conference call (usually 1 hour in length).
- The face-to-face meeting is optional and takes place in conjunction with the HRO Today Association Conference.
- Committee work requires some time but mostly through conference calls and email discussions.
- May require work in preparation for Committee meetings and/or Quarterly Committee Call.
- Additional time required if you are working in a leadership capacity on a specific initiative.
- Co-Chairs may need time to prepare written reports due a week or so before the actual meeting times.
- Work as a Committee co-chair requires conference calls and email communications with your members, communication with the HRO Today Association staff liaison, Director of Membership Services and other committee members to move initiatives forward.