Created to provide a safe space in which members can feel comfortable discussing sensitive and challenging issues, the HR Table Talks series focuses on topics like diversity, inclusion, recognition, engagement, candidate experience, and more.
- Attendance is limited to create a feeling of closeness and security.
- Sessions are not recorded so participants can be completely open and honest.
- Member facilitators/experts use conversation starters to guide the dialogue.
- Participants can submit specific questions beforehand that they would like to have addressed.
Association members are invited to join us for these truly interactive sessions that will leave them with refreshing new insights – and new contacts – to help them do their jobs better.
Facilitators: Peter Carvalho, President, AllSTEM Connections, an ActOne Group Company; Rohit Sharma, AVP, Head Talent Acquisition – Americas & Canada, Infosys
This HR Table Talks session will focus on the emerging trend of companies seeking to manage their contingent labor pools through direct sourcing. It will specifically examine the question: Savings and benefits of direct sourcing for contingent labor: fact or fiction? Some key questions will include:
- How are companies using direct sourcing strategies and what does it mean?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of direct sourcing?
- What are the pros and cons of doing contingent labor management internally, and what does it mean with respect to technology and worker classification responsibilities?
- What do you need to recognize about your employment brand and its impact on prospective savings and the success of direct sourcing?
REGISTER – MEMBERS ONLY
PLEASE NOTE: You must be an HRO Today Association member to attend this session, no exceptions. All registrations will be manually reviewed and approved. Nonmembers will be notified that they are not eligible to attend but are invited to participate in other select sessions.
We’ve set up private groups to keep the HR Table Talks conversations going before, during, and after the live sessions. Members can Join the LinkedIN and/or Facebook groups to see key takeaways, templates, thoughts, and feedback related to the topics. Just like the Table Talks, these groups are meant to spur open and honest discussions that result in new ideas and perspectives that can be applied and make a difference.
“I really liked the small size of the group.
It allowed for everyone to chime in with their thoughts and ask questions.”
-Sarah McMullen, Diversity Program Manager, Talent Acquisition, CVS Health
This session was an open, honest, and intimate conversation about the often sensitive topic of diversity and inclusion. After getting to know each other via introductions, attendees dove right into the discussion with the help of two member co-facilitators: Karen Feeney, VP of Organizational Development at KenCrest, and Matt Rivera, VP of Marketing and Communications at Yoh/A Day and Zimmerman Company.
Do you have topic ideas or want to volunteer to be a member facilitator?
Contact Wendy Metzgar, Director of Membership Services, at Wendy.Metzgar@SharedXpertise.com.
Members can also watch the following on-demand sessions focusing on diversity, equity, and inclusion:
- Developing the Inclusion Habit
- Using Organizational Analysis to Measure and Drive Inclusion
- Leveraging Connection to Build an Inclusive Culture
- How to Be a High-Impact Visionary DEI Leader over the Next Decade, Part 1
- How to Be a High-Impact Visionary DEI Leader over the Next Decade, Part 2