Included in HRO Today Association membership, Professional Development Livestream Sessions offer opportunities to learn and share HR best practices, tools, products, policies, resources, trends, and technology. Different session formats bring together industry-leading experts, including executives, trainers, coaches, authors, thought leaders and advisors, to deliver meaningful take-aways that improve strategy and overall performance.
Showcase Your Success on a Global Stage. Shine the spotlight on a winning initiative or talk through how you conquered a particularly challenging obstacle by presenting a livestream. These sessions are an ideal platform for connecting with peers and conveying your message. Contact Wendy Metzgar, Director of Membership Services, at email@example.com to suggest presenters and/or topics.
Upcoming Livestream Sessions
- June 23: Global Mindsets: Holding the Tension between Diversity and Inclusiveness
- July 14: The Inside Gig: How Sharing Untapped Talent Across Boundaries Unleashes Organizational Capacity
- July 21: The Healthy Leader: Grounded and Conscious for Uncertain Times
June 23 | 3PM ET | 30 minutes
Global Mindsets: Holding the Tension between Diversity and Inclusiveness
Kee Meng Yeo, Adjunct Professor at Grand Valley State University and Davenport University; Principal of Talent Practices at Global MVR LLC
Diversity and inclusiveness are often talked about together within organizations. There is general acceptance that both diversity and inclusiveness are needed if an organization is to reap their benefits towards maximizing productivity and enabling creativity. However, the notion of diversity and inclusiveness are effectively paradoxes, and while it is true that both are required, without proper understanding and handling, they can create disruptions that will damage an organization’s ability to operate efficiently. This livestream session will discuss how organizations can “hold the tension” to leverage diversity and enable inclusiveness.
- Why organizations have only partial diversity and inclusion conversations and why such partial actions can damage employee engagement
- How to enable both diversity and inclusion from a global perspective
- A practical 4-way path on how to “hold the tension” of diversity and inclusion within an organization for maximum impact
What if the talent you are seeking to hire is already on your company’s payroll but going untapped? Employees often have capabilities and aspirations that go far beyond their current job descriptions. This session will show how to optimize and energize your workforce by deploying skills of the employees you already have across organizational boundaries.
The session will explore a bold new talent operating model that leverages project-based marketplaces as a new way of working that facilitates learning, career discovery, organizational productivity, and employee engagement. This model will also help to better deploy or redeploy talent as organizations recover from the pandemic.
- Concepts behind the Inside Gig Talent Operating Model that will help uncover hidden skills within your workforce and dynamically match the skills employees have to the work that needs to be done
- The six core principles that support the Inside Gig
- How to facilitate continuous reskilling that enables employees to expand their careers within your organization rather than leaving in search of new challenges
- How to quickly redeploy talent when business needs change
Healthy leaders are more evolved human beings. Their success comes from who they are, how they act and how they perform. Being Grounded highlights the 6 Dimensions of Health as the foundation that protects these leaders from the winds of change. Being Conscious is the Accelerant — being aware of themselves and their surroundings enables them to adapt and navigate through uncertainty and change. This session will help you optimize your health and performance and show how you can help others, including your team members, do the same.
- The six dimensions of Grounded Leadership: a holistic and personal approach for health, well-being, and performance
- The four pitfalls and practices of Conscious Leadership
- The Accelerators and Hijackers that undermine yourself and fellow leaders
- How a Fortune 10 company is building a culture of grounded and conscious leaders at all levels
This session will be a 20-minute presentation by Bob Rosen, CEO of Healthy Companies, followed by a conversation between Bob and Hollie Ward, Head of Leadership Development at CIGNA,
2020 On-Demand Livestream Sessions
- Livestream Session: How High-Level Women Succeed - and How Do We Up-Level Everyone Else Speakers: Margaret Spence, Founder, The Employee to CEO Project
- Livestream Session: Panel Discussion: How do Talent Leaders Stay Ahead of Competitors Speakers: Debbie Kemp, Chief Talent Officer, MediaCom. Karen Feeney, Employee and Client Experience Leader, Sterling. Jason Munoz, Head of Global Talent Acquisition, Weatherford–
- Livestream Session: Drive Employee Engagement with Learning and Development Initiatives Speaker: Sari Daisey, Founder, The Bancorp——–
- Livestream Session: Discover How to Empower Your Strategic HR Capabilities Speaker: Susan Defazio, Founder, Be Future Ready Today
Employee Relations and Services
- Practical and Legal Considerations for Getting Back to Work Speaker: Valerie K. Ferrier, Partner, Martin Clearwater & Bell LLP
- Scale-Up Culture: How High-Growth Startups Are Reimagining the Future of Employee Experience Speaker: Josh Drean, Culture and Engagement, Harvard Innovation Labs
- Maximizing Reward, Recognition, and Incentives for a Multi-generational Workforce Speaker: Judd Weisgal, Senior VP, Madison
- Who You Know vs. Who Knows You Speaker: Stephen Krempl, Founder, Standing Out / W3
- Agile Goal Setting: Why SMART Goals Aren't Enough Speaker: Terri Lewis, Head of Human Resources, Pontoon Solutions
- 2020 Q1 Research Roundup Speakers: Larry Basinait, Vice President, Market Research, HRO Today/SharedXpertise; Zachary Misko, Global Director Emeritus, HRO Today Association